The seminar of the Environment Studies Diploma is the last course to obtain the Academic Certificate in Environment Studies. This certificate has a multidisciplinary approach to the environments issues, having courses from different departments; Civil Engineering, Urbanism, Biology, Economy, Agronomy and Forestry. In the seminar, the students must integrate the different subjects of the certificate, doing a research or project related with the environment studies.
The objectives of the course are:
- Deepen in the state of knowledge of an environmental subject
- Develop an original research or a deep bibliographical discussion about an environmental issue.
Seminars of the first semester 2008:
Liquid industrials waste in the wine industry
- Wind power station v/s HidroAysen
- Water quality of Loa river
- The new energetic horizon in Chile: Nuclear Energy
- Recycling in Chile: Current situation and a proposal project
- Bioethanol production from domiciliary solid waste
- Environmental taxes and their implementation in Chile
- Environmental education for 4th degree kids
- Utilization and production of Jatropha curcas in rural areas of Chile, with social, environmental and economical objectives